Thursday, April 26, 2018

Cleanup


I've decided to throw out my first mold set. I have not touched them in a year and I doubt that I will use them again in the future. They served me well, but I do not want them to take space any more. Here is a picture of them and the one and only doll that they were used for, maybe someone will find them interesting or get some ideas for their own mold design. I felt like I could have planned them better and made them more neat, but after fiddling with them for a few months I also realized that I really dislike working with silicone in general. I may make some small molds for eye bases or props in the future, but it is unlikely that I will try to cast full doll parts again.

I've started working on another doll, so far a have a creepy disproportioned model in Sculptris. I will post a few progress pictures soon. I think I would like her to be Pure Neemo sized, 22 - 25 cm tall, but curvy and bobble-headed, with small feet and small hands. Cat ears may be involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment